If your school is on G Suite for education, you can use Google’s Hangouts Meet to set up a live teaching session with your students when either of you are working from home. You can even record the session and share it with others that weren’t able to attend simultaneously. Follow these steps to set it up:
Before you start, make sure your school Google G Suite administrator has enabled advanced features like streaming and recording in Hangouts Meet.
- Start in Google Calendar.
- Plan your lesson and give it a name.
3. Click Add rooms, location, or conferencing.
4. Under Add conferencing, select Hangouts Meet.
5. Click the arrow on the right-hand side of Join Hangouts Meet.
6. Click Add live stream.
7. Copy the stream link with the copy icon on the right-hand side.
8. Share the stream link with your students using e.g. email or other digital communication platforms.
9. Choose and prepare your lesson (from the Library or My Lessons).
- Open a new tab in your browser and open the planned lesson. And keep it opened in that tab.
- Go to Google Calendar in a different tab and click the planned lesson.
- Click Join Hangouts Meet from your Calendar.
4. Click Join now.
5. Once you’re ready to start welcoming your students, click Start streaming in the top.
6. Click the three dots in the bottom right corner and choose Record meeting.
7. When you want to start sharing your screen for the presentation of the lesson, click Present now and choose Your entire screen.
8. Switch back to the tab with the lesson in Gynzy opened and start your lesson.
- Switch back to the browser tab running Hangouts Meet and click Stop presenting.
2. After a goodbye, you can end the lesson by clicking Leave call in the bottom.
3. After the video is rendered, you can retrieve it in My Drive > Meet Recordings, that file you can share with your students.