You can synchronize your class roster from Google Classroom to use in Gynzy! This will make it possible for you to utilize our tools like the Classroom Seating Chart, the Attendance Tool, and the Group Maker.
Don't use Google Classroom? Read this article about adding students using Gynzy student manager.
Connect your Gynzy account with Google Classroom
You’ll first need to connect your Google Classroom account to your Gynzy account. Follow the steps below:
Note: You will only be able to connect with Google Classroom if you have an approved school in your profile. Steps 2 and 3 will show you how to check your profile, as well as add a school if you haven’t selected one. You will be able to access all students and groups within your school.
1. If you already have an approved school, you can sync your Google Classroom with Gynzy by using the “Sign in with Google” option on the login page. When you sign in this way, your Google Classroom automatically syncs with Gynzy. If you still need to add your school, continue with Steps 2 and 3.
2. From the Gynzy library page, go to your Profile and settings. To do this, click on your initials in the upper left corner (1) and click "Profile and settings" (2).
3. Make sure you have an approved school. If you do not, please refer to this article to add one.
4. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page. In the Connected accounts section, click "Authorize" to connect Gynzy with your Google account. You will then be directed to Google sign-on. Please sign in to your account. You will also need to give Gynzy permission to access your Google Classroom information. Click "Allow."
5. Now, refresh the page. Scroll down to the bottom again. In the Connected accounts section, the button should say, "Revoke." Now you have connected your Google account with Gynzy!
6. Next, you’ll need to sync your Google Classroom with the Student manager. Click on the Student manager icon in the left sidebar.
7. In the Groups section on the left, click on "Edit."
8. You should see all the groups and students within your school here. (Google Classroom classes will have the icon next to the class name, while groups added from Gynzy will have solid colors.) Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner and click "Synchronize Google Classroom."
9. Add your class(es) by linking them. Find the class you want to add and click on the gray X across from it. This will turn it blue and toggle the X into a checkmark. That class will be shown in your Groups.
When you are done linking classes, click on the "X" in the top right corner, which will take you back to the main page of the Student Manager. There, you will see the students that were imported from Google Classroom. Now you can use the Gynzy tools with your class list!
If you would like to edit your Google Classroom groups in Gynzy, you will need to change them in Google Classroom. Once they have been changed, simply synchronize with Google Classroom again (shown below). (Note: It is not possible to add, edit, or delete students imported from Google Classroom using Gynzy student manager.)
To unlink any groups you've synchronized with Gynzy:
Go to the Edit Groups page. (Click "Edit" on the left side of the main Student Manager page next to "Groups.").
On the right side, click the blue checkmark across from the desired group. This will make it gray and toggle the checkmark into an ‘X.’ That class will no longer appear in your Groups.
Click on the X in the top right corner to return to the main page of the Student Manager.